Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

BRITISH LOVE




My husband's roots go back to England and therefore we love anything British.
(especially a great cup of tea)
I know the ole Union Jack is one of the latest ubiquitous fashion statements, but I will always love the look, even when it becomes passe on the design blogs.
For all you Anglophiles, I've gathered a British assortment for the day:

Precious vintage serving spoons from Wooden Hive.



Limited edition giclee print of an original illustration, from Orange Studio.


I love a great china tea cup, but sometimes you need a mug for that tea!
Brookish designs this cute mug.


Charming tea cozy from a fellow Austinite Diane Tubb Designs.



Handsome Union Jack cuff links for the stylish lad in your life, from Blink Photo.


Andrew Martin from the UK, has recently launched a new line of fabrics with a British theme. The fabrics are a beautiful upholstery weight with brilliant graphics.








A large vintage Union Jack flag from Pin Tuck Vintage would look smashing mounted in a black frame:
I LOVE this funky take on the Union Jack pillow, in grey and kiwi green,from Pop Britannia by Karen Hilton Designs:

Dress your sofa or wingback with some fab canine friends from Designer Cushions.



Dress your rocker dog with this cool collar from Nola & Spencer:Now, if you're really lucky, dress your house with this cool Brit!

Eric Clapton, the legendary guitarist (image from Spinner)

All the best,
xoxo,






7 comments:

theLENNOXX said...

Cute post! Love the Union Jack pillow, and I also love a nice cup of tea! I'd love to go to England some day, although I have this impression that the weather is always cloudy over there haha!

Stop by and try your luck again, I have a giveaway running ;)

xo Linda

jvwhome said...

Thx Linda for stopping by.....I will have to ck out your new giveaway!
Have a great day....

Rene' said...

Hey Jeanette!!
I've been MIA from blogland for a bit... thought I'd stop by and say Hi... Love the British post...great pics!!

jvw home said...

Great to hear from you again Rene....thanks for stopping in and have a GREAT wknd girl!
(did yall ever move fwd on the wood walls?)

Karena said...

Jeanette!! How wonderful, I am so happy to find you! I love the Union Jack cuff links!All of the beatle items of course!!

I have a Fabulous Giveaway from Metis Linens you will love!

Karena
Art by Karena

Rene' said...

Hey Jeanette...no progress yet.... I'm hoping in a few months... Did I tell you how much I LOVE your house..... Oh, yeah I guess I did :) I just had to tell you again!!! :) Have a great week!!

jvw home said...

Rene,
You're so sweet!!...i really appreciate the nice comment so much...
hope all is great....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.