Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Southern Coastal

Well, I just told you in my last post how I love clean modern lines. Today though, Erin of House of Turquoise, posted about a cute, cute cottage in South Carolina.
I had recently seen the photos in Southern Living magazine and fell in love with this place.
"Southern coastal cottage" is just another one of my many fave house designs.....
but you can always outfit the interior of any cottage with the more modern streamlined furniture & modern lighting. (like I talked about in the last post)
Shutters on a porch are great for added dimension & color for any facade, but they're also great for privacy when you need it. Especially if your house sits just next to your neighbors. Sometimes you just prefer to have your morning coffee in your p.j's without someone next door right there as you walk out. Just add some shutters installed in the frame of the porch railing, on one or both sides for that extra side privacy. When you're ready to chat with the neighbor & invite them over for drinks, then open them back up! Shutters are a great because you can regulate the amount of privacy you prefer with the louvers, vs. a roll up shade.

Head on over to House of Turquoise for more pics of this cute place. As you know, I LOVE the color turquoise, and therefore LOVE her blog!!

My husband was wearing a turquoise shirt the other day and we had to laugh because my friend said "she's even got you wearing turquoise now!".....
Well..... I DID buy him that color t-shirt....but he honestly likes the color too!

Thinking of "turquoise"....time to head out to the pool & get off this computer!
yall have a great weekend,

9 comments:

Hill Country House Girl said...

Love turquoise whether it is inside or outside and it is very handsome on men too! Also, the house overlooking Lake Austin is amazing. What gorgeous views and such an interesting house! Looked like fun!

theLENNOXX said...

What a gorgeous home! I love the idea of using shutters on the veranda, and that floor is amazing! What a gorgeous color =D

Happy Monday!

xo Linda

jvw home said...

Linda,
I'm thrilled to have read your great design blog..your recent coastal post has some great interiors!
Have a wonderful week and I'm so happy you stopped in!

theLENNOXX said...

Jeanette you won the $50 gift certificate! Congratulations!!

jvw home said...

Linda,
Are you serious??!! How wonderful!!!
I'm soooo excited....I'll hop over to your blog now and see the details, woohoooooo!!!
thank you, thank you!!

theLENNOXX said...

Can't wait to see what you'll pick!

You will probably get an email from Jamie at CSN Stores tomorrow asking for your address ;)

xo Linda

jvw home said...

awesome Linda!
can't wait ....you're a doll!

Erika at BluLabel Bungalow said...

This place has me yearning for a weekend in Charleston...in THAT house of course!

Thank you sooo much Jeanette for your comment today on such a very personal topic. It means the world to me!

jvw home said...

You're welcome Erika....

So glad you stopped by & have a great Tuesday!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.